The Queensland Government has now released details for the 2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grant to assist business affected by the most recent lockdowns.
The initial grant will be $5,000 (excluding GST) which can be used for business expenses.
Under the joint Queensland and Australian Government support package recently announced 13 August 2021, an additional tiered payment based on payroll size will also be available for eligible Queensland Businesses.
These payments include an additional:
- $5,000 one-off, top up to small businesses with payroll of less than $1.3 million (bringing total grant available to $10,000)
- $10,000 one-off, top-up grant to medium sized businesses with payroll of greater than $1.3 million and up to $10 million (bringing total grant available to $15,000)
- $25,000 one-off, top-up grant to large sized tourism and hospitality businesses with payroll of greater than $10 million (bringing total grant to $30,000).
Who can apply
This grant is available to Small and medium business and not for profit organisations that:
- Employ staff (employees must be on your payroll and does not include any business owners)
- Have a Queensland headquarters
- Annual turnover of more than $75,000
- Annual payroll of less than $10 million
- Must show or declare a reduction in turnover of 30% or more for a 1-week period that includes at least 1 full day of the:
South East Queensland lockdown commencing 31 July 2021
The Cairns and Yarrabah lockdown commencing 8 August 2021 or
Any other lockdown in Queensland in August 2021.
- Demonstrate that your business or not for profit organisation was directly or indirectly impacted by the lockdown events.
The South East Queensland lockdown was dated 31 July to 8 August 2021.
To demonstrate a reduction in turnover of 30% or more, the comparison period is the same 7-day period in July or August 2019. If the 2019 period does not indicate a typical weekly turnover (e.g. for a recently started small business or business that has experienced structural changes), you can include another comparable period (e.g. the same period in July/August 2020).
This application will be completed through the QRIDA portal.
Supporting evidence required
To submit your claim, the following supporting evidence will be required:
Reduction in turnover of 30% or more:
- Direct impact – complete a declaration in your application.
- Indirect impact – Submit sales turnover information from your business records for the relevant periods or an accountants letter confirming the downturn has been met.
– Business financial statements, business payroll records or payroll tax return information or
– An accountants letter confirming the business employees staff.
– Business payroll records or payroll tax return information or
– An accountants letter confirming annual payroll.
Annual turnover of over $75,000:
– BAS statements of Australian Taxation Office records or
– An accountants letter confirming turnover is greater than $75,000.
– Publicly available web information to identify your business operations (e.g. website or social media pages) or
– Utility Bills for the business location.
How to apply
Applications are to be completed through the QRIDA Portal.
We are unable to submit applications on our clients behalf.
How we can help
We are here to help!
If you are unsure of your eligibility, we can assist by:
- Calculating if you have experienced a 30% downturn.
- Confirm eligibility requirements are met.
- Assist in collating your supporting evidence by download and providing ATO reports and/or other reports.
- Prepare an accountants letter if required.
Our fees for assistance start from $500 plus GST, and if further detailed assistance is required, please contact us and we can provide a quote according to your specific circumstances.
If you have any queries regarding the grant please contact our office on 07 5551 0143 or send an email through to our friendly staff.